miniheader about copy

Home | About Us | About Our School

title about

mossvale square23Parish Priest, Monsignor Lynch, established St Paul’s Catholic Parish Primary School on its present site in December 1947 with students commencing in the January of 1948.

The Christian Vision and Catholic culture of the school developed from its pastoral association with the Josephite and Dominican traditions. From 1891 Dominican Sisters staffed the school in the old school house on the grounds of St Paul’s International College. Previous to this the Sisters of St Joseph, before moving to Mittagong, educated students at Kalingan House from 1884. The Dominican motto is Veritas (truth) and the maxim is “To pray, to Preach, to Bless.” The school motto “All to All” comes from St Paul’s letter to the Corinthians. Today the emphasis of prayer, teaching and appreciation of God’s Blessings is evident in the daily life of the school as it continues to build on the foundations layed by the Sisters.

Today St Paul’s is a one-stream school with an enrolment of approximately 170 students from Moss Vale and the southern outlying areas. The school is a Catholic Parish Systemic school in the Diocese of Wollongong, administered by the Wollongong Catholic Education Office under the direction of the Bishop of Wollongong, Bishop Peter Ingham.