There are a variety of co-curricular activities on offer for students at St Paul's. All students are encouraged to participate in some of the co-curricular programs available. These programs develop students’ confidence, talents and sense of responsibility.
Some of the opportunities available at St Paul's include:
- Sacramental program run through the parish
- Altar serving
- Choir and music groups
- Mini Vinnies Group and further opportunities to organise and participate in social justice initiatives, social awareness, and community involvement and outreach
- Grandfriends Day – a day for grandparents or great people in the lives of our students to come and visit and spend time together
- Art Competitions – including the Christmas Story Art Competition
- Wakakirri Story and Dance Competition
- Entering art in the local agricultural show
- Yarn Bombing and ‘Focus on a Country’ in collaboration with the local Moss Vale CWA group
- Diocesan Sports Gala Days in soccer, cricket, netball, basketball, rugby, rugby league and touch football
- Opportunities to represent at Diocesan, MacKillop and State levels in a range of sports, including swimming, athletics and cross country – read more here
- Public Speaking
- Book Week celebrations
- Premiers Reading Challenge
- Maths Olympiad
- Excursions as part of the academic curriculum including trips to Mary MacKillop Place, Canberra, the local Moss Vale township, Pioneer Village Museum Kangaroo Valley.
- SPLICED (Diocese of Wollongong Gifted and Talented program)
- Beach and Surf Awareness program Years 3 - 6 and Water Safety Program Kindergarten to Year 2
- Environmental Group – including caring for our school vegetable gardens and chickens. Learn more here about our school's engagement with environmental education, action, stewardship and sustainability
- NAIDOC Week celebrations including: the Sea of Hands, Aboriginal games and Storytelling.
- STEM Activities – including Vex Robotics
- Cybersmart and Digital Citizenship Programs
- Student leadership program – Explore, Discover, Act.
- Year 5 and Year 6 camps at Santa Sabina Outdoor Educational Facility Tallong with a focus on developing leadership skills and preparation for going into high school.
- Year 6 leadership groups
- Fun days that focus wholly on developing staff and student wellbeing such as crazy sock day, pyjama day, crazy hair day, Harmony day, mini fetes, buddy activities between Kindergarten and Year 6.
Each class from Kindergarten to Year 6 engages in a weekly session of sport. Children also participate in school-based swimming, athletics and cross country carnivals in order to fill representative positions.
Primary schools in the Diocese of Wollongong such as St Paul's are invited to participate in annual carnivals for swimming, cross country and athletics. These major events also serve as a selection process for Diocesan teams. Children may progress from school level to Diocesan, to MacKillop, to NSW PSSA and ultimately National level in selected sports.
Years 5 and Year 6 school children are also invited to attend trials for positions in Wollongong Diocese representative teams for summer and winter sports including: basketball, tennis, cricket, touch football, softball, football (soccer), rugby league, rugby union, hockey, netball and AFL. These trials are held annually and link to the MacKillop selection trials.